Account Executive - East Asia
Tokyo, Tokyo, JapanSales
SettleMint is the Blockchain Transformation Company that connects the dots between people, processes, and technology to accelerate value creation with blockchain. It enables enterprises to easily and rapidly build and integrate blockchain applications while empowering teams with the skills, knowledge, methodologies, guidance, and ongoing support they need.
We are a venture-funded global scale-up, and we recently closed our series-A funding of €16 million, co-led by Molten Ventures and OTB Ventures. We reached a new growth phase, and we are now going to expand our operations and teams fast, with clients in financial services, retail, manufacturing, and public institutions across the globe, with branches in Belgium, Dubai, India, Japan, and Singapore. We work closely with our growing network of partners in all regions enabling them to quickly deliver solutions to their customers.
How we work
We are a remote-first company, we work async (so you can focus on the actual work) and we empower our team members to take ownership of their work. We hire the best talents in the blockchain space and trust their ability to do 100%!
Skills, values alignment, and cultural fit are equally important to us, as they will enable top-performing team members to rapidly grow their careers with us.
We invite you to take a look at our public handbook to learn more about how we work at SettleMint. Additionally, we encourage you to explore independent reviews on our Glassdoor page to gain further insights.
About the role
As an Account Executive for SettleMint for East Asia, your mission will be centered on accelerating our growth within key regions: Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and South Korea. Your primary responsibility involves engaging and securing high-level enterprise customers, and facilitating the closure of significant deals. This role requires you to utilize your expertise at international events and conferences to establish valuable connections with potential high-end prospects. Additionally, you'll employ a well-rounded strategy of calling, emailing, and leveraging social media to identify and cultivate essential leads.
Your excellent communication skills are crucial, not just in English but also in languages pertinent to these East Asian markets, enabling you to effectively showcase our products or services. Your proficiency will be especially valuable in negotiating and concluding major contracts with elite enterprise clients. Your role extends beyond merely introducing our solutions; it encompasses forging enduring relationships with these key accounts, thus driving sustained success and expansion in these strategic regions.
- Delivering monthly new sales targets by managing a pipeline of opportunities from the territory (Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea)
- Nurture prospective clients through the full sales process from product demonstration to trial and close
- Build and nurture client relationships throughout the sales cycles.
- Contribute to the growth and development of our product by providing feedback from conversations with your customers and prospects
- Engage with the Sales and business leadership to coordinate marketing and sales activities
- Update the CRM to document all activities on opportunities and follow-ups.
What we are looking for
- Native speaker of any of the languages from Cantonese, Mandarine Chinese, or Korean with at least a business level of English
- Prior experience of at least 5 years, in selling SaaS solutions to Enterprise customers (preferably Banking and Financial Service Institutions) in Eastern Asia region.
- You are results-driven, tenacious, and a strong team player.
- You are comfortable using marketing automation platforms and CRM (eg. Hubspot)
- You possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills and can liaise effectively with senior stakeholders
Benefits of working at SettleMint
- Be part of the Blockchain Transformation
- A fun team to be in, with high standards and a culture of transparency and collaboration
- Flexible working hours, location, and async work environment
- Paid Volunteering Time Off to contribute to your local community
- A merit-based ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Global colleagues who are passionate, hardworking, and smart, like you!
- Constant training and coaching on both Blockchain Technology and Sales
- A fast-growing team that is fired up and passionate about what we do because, well, it is bloody important
- We care about your growth and development and promote lateral and vertical career progression
Inclusivity and belonging
SettleMint is inclusive for everyone and is for anyone.
We encourage candidates from all ethnic, gender, sexual, age, and ability groups to apply and be part of our company.
We are a very diverse team, and we want to continue our efforts in hiring and retaining the most diverse talents from all over the world.
We believe in offering employees a flexible workspace to create a happy, productive, diverse, and inclusive team.