Account Executive - Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo, JapanSales
Are you an experienced and ambitious sales expert looking for an exciting opportunity to boost your career in Web3 and blockchain sales? Look no further! SettleMint is seeking an Account Executive to join our newly formed team in Japan. As an AE, you will play a crucial role in the sales cycle by managing the end-to-end sales lifecycle to boost the growth of the region.
SettleMint is the Blockchain Transformation Company that connects the dots between people, processes, and technology to accelerate value creation with blockchain.
We enable enterprises to easily and rapidly build and integrate blockchain applications while empowering teams with the skills, knowledge, methodologies, guidance, and ongoing support they need.
More about us:
- We are a venture-funded global scale-up, we closed our series-A funding of €16 million, co-led by Molten Ventures and OTB Ventures, in 2022.
- Our HQ is in Belgium, with branches in the United Arab Emirates, India, Japan, and Singapore
- We are expanding our operations and teams across EMEA and JAPAC, with clients in financial services, retail, manufacturing, and public institutions across the globe
- We work closely with our growing network of partners in all regions enabling them to quickly deliver solutions to their customers.
More about how we work:
- We are a remote-first company that values asynchronous work, allowing you to focus on your tasks.
- We believe in empowering our team members to take ownership of their work. We hire the best talent in the blockchain space and have full confidence in their abilities!
- Skills, values alignment, and cultural fit are all equally important to us.
If this sounds like an ideal company for you, dig deeper!
We invite you to take a look at our public handbook to learn more about how we work at SettleMint. Additionally, we encourage you to explore independent reviews on our Glassdoor page to gain further insights.
About the role
As the founding member of the SettleMint Japan team, your primary focus will be to engage and secure top-tier enterprise customers, driving the closure of large-scale deals. You will leverage your skills at international events and conferences to establish connections with high-value prospects, while also utilizing a strategic mix of calling, emailing, and social media to identify and nurture key leads. Your exceptional communication abilities in both Japanese and English are essential in effectively presenting our products or services, particularly in negotiating and finalizing substantial agreements with prominent enterprise clients. Your role is not only to introduce our offerings but to build lasting relationships with these major accounts, ensuring long-term success and growth.
- Contacting potential clients through cold calls, emails, and any other creative method
- Presenting SettleMint company to potential clients
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while creating outreach strategies for new pipeline generation methods
- Prospecting at international events and conferences
- Delivering monthly new sales targets by managing a pipeline of opportunities
- Nurture prospective clients through the full sales process from product demonstration to trial and close
- Build and nurture client relationships throughout the sales cycles.
- Contribute to the growth and development of our product by providing feedback from conversations with your customers and prospects
- Engage with the Sales and business leadership to coordinate marketing and sales activities
- Update the CRM to document all activities on opportunities and follow-ups.
What we are looking for
- Native Japanese skills with business-level English
- Prior experience of at least 5 years, in selling SaaS solutions to Enterprise customers (preferably Banking and Financial Service Institutions) in Japan
- You are results-driven, tenacious, and a strong team player.
- You are comfortable using marketing automation platforms and CRM (eg. Hubspot)
- You possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills and can liaise effectively with senior stakeholders
- Strong interest in blockchain technologies
- Strong interpersonal competencies with the mentality to roll up the sleeve and work on other tasks to grow our business in Japan
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in working collaboratively with integration/consulting partner companies is a plus
- You'll report to: the VP of Sales JAPAC
- Team: Sales
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Remote role: Hybrid
- Start date: As soon as possible
Benefits of working at SettleMint
- Be part of the Blockchain Transformation!
- Flexible working hours, location, and async work environment
- Paid Volunteering Time Off to contribute to your local community
- Birth parental leave
- Learning budget for your personal and professional career development
- 3-R (Recycle, Rescue, Reduce) budget to help minimize CO2 emissions
- Referral bonus, to hire people who are passionate, hardworking, and smart, like you!
- Merit-based ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Annual compensation review
- Annual offsite, because strengthening our professional connection during real-life interaction is important
- A fun team to be in, with high standards and a culture of transparency and collaboration
- A growing team that is fired up and passionate about what we do because, well, it is bloody important
Inclusivity and belonging
SettleMint is inclusive for everyone and is for anyone.
We encourage candidates from all ethnic, gender, sexual, age, and ability groups to apply and be part of our company.
We are a very diverse team, and we want to continue our efforts in hiring and retaining the most diverse talents from all over the world.
We believe in offering employees a flexible workspace to create a happy, productive, diverse, and inclusive team.