RemoteLeuven, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumEngineering
Accelerating the Web3 transformation journey
SettleMint is the Blockchain Transformation Company that connects the dots between people, processes and technology to accelerate value creation with blockchain. It enables enterprises to easily and rapidly build and integrate blockchain applications, while empowering teams with the skills, knowledge, methodologies, guidance and ongoing support they need.
We are a venture-funded global scale-up, and we recently closed our series-A funding of €16 million, co-led by Molten Ventures and OTB Ventures. We reached a new growth phase, and we are now going to expand our operations and teams fast, with clients in financial services, retail, manufacturing, and public institutions across the globe, with branches in Belgium, Dubai, India, Japan, and Singapore. We work closely with our growing network of partners in all regions enabling them to quickly deliver solutions to their customers.
How we work
We are a remote-first company, we work async (so you can focus on the actual work) and we empower our team members to take ownership of their work. We hire the best talents in the blockchain space and we trust their ability to do a great 100%!
Skills, values alignment, and cultural fit are equally important to us, as they will enable top-performing team members to rapidly grow their careers with us.
We invite you to take a look at our public handbook to learn more about how we work at SettleMint. Additionally, to gain further insights, we encourage you to explore independent reviews on our Glassdoor page.
If this sounds exciting to you, go ahead and apply for this role!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer that will help our team establish DevOps practice. You will work closely with the VP of Engineering to identify and establish DevOps practices in the company.
You will help us build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure. You’ll implement monitoring for automated system health checks. Lastly, you’ll build our CI pipeline, and train and guide the team in DevOps practices.
What’s in for you as a DevOps at SettleMint
- Intellectually stimulating and challenging projects: Being the only DevOps in the company, e2e responsibility, Taking over all infrastructure (support and improvement strategy), nurturing DevOps culture in the team, enhancing processes and technology, stable easy to create development environments, fast CI and CD
- Tech Stack & Tools: in-depth skills in Kubernetes, Pulimi (terraform-from a code), a bit of Ansible, CI in GitHub Action, top-notch technologies, blockchain main net nodes support.
- Learning and Growth Opportunities: A unique chance to implement your ideas, and ultimate ownership of the infrastructure.
- Collaborative and Supportive Environment: Our key rule- ultimate transparency. We have a complex product that sully supported collaboration to find the best solution faster and get help. We use our channel in Slack to ask questions rather than DMs, we have regular knowledge-sharing sessions, and issues can (should) be highlighted in daily standup meetings.
Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
You're responsible to set up mature DevOps practices and processes from an early stage
You have the ultimate responsibility for critical infrastructure
Fluent both in written and spoken English
Previous experience in blockchain development is a big plus
Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
Knowledge of TypeScript / Node.js. Bash and Go/Rust/C++ is a nice bonus
Experience with setting up load balancers, reverse proxies, and web servers
Experience in blockchain nodes support is a big plus
Comfortable with containerization and container orchestration (Docker, k8s)
Familiarity with one or more of the following infrastructure as code technologies: Ansible, Terraform/Pulumi, Helm, etc.
Implementing CI/CD pipelines (GHA, CircleCI…)
Using infrastructure monitoring tools like Prometheus with Grafana Dashboard
Managing logs with Loki or ElasticSearch
BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field
Benefits of working at SettleMint
- Be part of the Blockchain Transformation
- A fun team to be in, with high standards and a culture of transparency and collaboration
- Flexible working hours, location, and async work environment
- Paid Volunteering Time Off to contribute to your local community
- A merit-based ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Global colleagues who are passionate, hardworking, and smart, like you!
- Constant training and coaching on both Blockchain Technology and Sales
- A fast-growing team that is fired up and passionate about what we do because, well, it is bloody important
- We care about your growth and development and promote lateral and vertical career progression
Inclusivity and belonging.
SettleMint is inclusive for everyone and is for anyone.
We encourage candidates from all ethnic, gender, sexual, age, and abilities groups to apply and be part of our company.
We are a very diverse team, and we want to continue our efforts in hiring and retaining the most diverse talents from all over the world.
We believe in offering employees a flexible workspace to create a happy, productive, diverse, and inclusive team.