Kubernetes Administrator (India)
Navi Mumbai, Mahārāshtra, IndiaEngineering
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, build and implement cloud-native architectures with Kubernetes and related technologies for us.
- Responsible for overall Docker & Kubernetes setup, configuration and Architecture.
- Configuring and maintaining/ supporting a large scale Docker based environment using kubernetes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within the Docker and kubernetes environment.
- Ensure proper operational aspects including monitoring, reporting, backup for both Docker hosts and associated images and containers.
- Help develop and maintain automated processes, tools, and documentation in support of Docker.
- Work with development teams to understand capacity and performance requirements & Define a deployment solution using container orchestration tools to ensure scalable and highly available solutions.
- Assist Development teams to migrate applications to Docker based PaaS platform using Kubernetes.
Certifications such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), CKAD (Certified Kubernetes Application Developer),
Experience in creating and managing production scale Kubernetes clusters, Deep understanding of Kubernetes networking
Support our Kubernetes-based projects to resolve critical and complex technical issues
Performing application deployments on the Kubernetes cluster
Securely managing Kubernetes Cluster on at least one of the cloud providers (AWS, Azure or GCP cloud)
Kubernetes core concepts
Deployment, ReplicaSet, DaemonSet, Statefulsets, Jobs.
Managing Kubernetes secrets
Ingress Controllers (Nginx, Istio etc) and cloud native load balancers
Managing Kubernetes storages (PV, PVC, Storage Classes, Provisioners)
Kubernetes Networking ( Services, Endpoints, DNS, LoadBalancers)
Managing resource quotas
Experience in setting up monitoring and alerting for Kubernetes cluster using open source monitoring tools like Grafana, Prometheus.
Deeply engage with our stakeholders to understand their architecture and operations, and work to continuously improve their overall Kubernetes support experience.