Senior Full Stack Typescript Developer - APAC region
RemoteKuala lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaEngineering
SettleMint is the Blockchain Transformation Company that connects the dots between people, processes and technology to accelerate value creation with blockchain. It enables enterprises to easily and rapidly build and integrate blockchain applications, while empowering teams with the skills, knowledge, methodologies, guidance and ongoing support they need
We are a venture-funded global scale-up, and we recently closed our series-A funding of €16 million, co-led by Molten Ventures and OTB Ventures. We reached a new growth phase, and we are now going to expand our operations and teams fast, with clients in financial services, retail, manufacturing, and public institutions across the globe, with branches in Belgium, Dubai, India, Japan, and Singapore. We work closely with our growing network of partners in all regions enabling them to quickly deliver solutions to their customers.
How we work
We are a remote-first company, we work async (so you can focus on the actual work) and we empower our team members to take ownership of their work. We hire the best talents in the blockchain space and we trust their ability to do a great 100%!
Skills, values alignment, and cultural fit are equally important to us, as they will enable top-performing team members to rapidly grow their careers with us.
We invite you to take a look at our public handbook to learn more about how we work at SettleMint. Additionally, to gain further insights, we encourage you to explore independent reviews on our Glassdoor page.
If this sounds exciting to you, go ahead and apply for this role!
About the role
We are looking for a Full Stack Typescript Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well. As our product focused on simplifying a deployment of blockchain networks and tools and we are supporting a SaaS platform, a basic understanding of the Kubernetes is essential.
For this role, we're hiring remotely across the APAC region.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Support a Blockchain Platform-as-a-Service solution
- Fluent both in written and spoken English
- Previous experience in blockchain development is a big plus
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks (Nest.js)
- Kubernetes and Docker proficiency is a strong plus
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiar with GraphQL and the Apollo ecosystem
- Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL databases and data stores (Mongo, Postgres, Redis) and its ORM's (TypeORM/MikroORM)
- Experience with message brokers (RabbitMQ)
- Comfortable with CI/CD pipelines, setting up web servers (nginx), and container technologies (Docker).
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent by experience
Benefits of working at SettleMint
- Be part of the Blockchain Transformation
- A fun team to be in, with high standards and a culture of transparency and collaboration
- Flexible working hours, location, and async work environment
- Paid Volunteering Time Off to contribute to your local community
- A merit-based ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Global colleagues who are passionate, hardworking, and smart, like you!
- Constant training and coaching on both Blockchain Technology and Sales
- A fast-growing team that is fired up and passionate about what we do because, well, it is bloody important
- We care about your growth and development and promote lateral and vertical career progression
Inclusivity and belonging
SettleMint is inclusive for everyone and is for anyone.
We encourage candidates from all ethnic, gender, sexual, age, and abilities groups to apply and be part of our company.
We are a very diverse team, and we want to continue our efforts in hiring and retaining the most diverse talents from all over the world.
We believe in offering employees a flexible workspace to create a happy, productive, diverse, and inclusive team.